Reports To: Designated Supervisor, Principal
Classification: At-will; Exempt / Non-Exempt
WE are better together.
Here at AO you’re not just a number, you’re family. We believe in casual Fridays, company sponsored events, annual holiday parties, picnics, bowling and more. As the host of Toastmasters International, we seek to expand one’s confidence in public speaking, leadership and teamwork while providing both professional and personal growth. With collaborative work spaces and driven coworkers AO welcomes creativity, learning, and lasting relationships.
Since its founding in 1974, AO has evolved from a 2 man single office to an award winning full service firm spanning a campus of 5 buildings in Orange and additional offices in San Diego and Santa Clara, an engaged staff of 270+ souls and 12 Studios (Multifamily, Retail, Hospitality, Restaurant, Mixed Use, Office, Industrial, Parking, Landscape, Modular, Science and Technology and Global Design). Just like Historic Old Towne Orange where we are located, AO is family focused, hardworking and built to last. AO believes in the power of relationship. Everything we do is motivated by what it takes to be effective and successful for our clients. We value service, our people, a roll up your sleeves attitude and continuous improvement. If you are young in your career, come grow with us. If experienced, come get better with us. There is no one like you, and there is no place like AO.
A NOTE FROM US:
At AO we are always on the lookout for exceptional talent looking to join our organization.
Below is a partial list of the core expectations and the duties and responsibilities associated with this role.
- Proven ability to lead several projects concurrently.
- Broad project knowledge focusing on Pharmaceutical, Biotech, R&D Laboratories and Manufacturing environments.
- 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager or Lab Planner working on relevant Science & Technology projects.
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD, REVIT, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, and Deltek Vision.
- Experience working with clients, as part of a team and be able to work independently.
- Proven ability to manage schedule and budget for multiple projects of various sizes.
- This position may involve some domestic travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess project requirements and work with team to identify work scope, project budget and resource requirements.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes. Individual should be able to interact with code officials and other design professionals to resolve complex code issues.
- Hazardous material containment knowledge with respect to life science, pharmaceutical and manufacturing environments.
- GMP and FDA regulatory understanding with respect to Cleanroom classifications.
- Preparation and management of Project Work Plan and Schedule.
- Working closely with office leadership to achieve S&T Group's financial goals.
- Assist in mentoring and development efforts of junior staff.
- Laboratory planning.
- Data Centers.
- Promote use and participate in the development of company's design and production standards.
- Coordinate the production of equipment plans and schedules.
- Support internal QA/QC and project coordination.
We offer all the benefits of a big firm, with all the human connection of a small one. You will never be a number at AO. Come join our community.
Partial list of benefits:
- Full Suite of Medical, Dental, Life & Supplemental Insurance
- Ongoing Education and Exam Reimbursement
- Most Medical Plans fully paid for employee only coverage
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Overtime Compensation for Hourly Employees
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
- Flexible Schedule
- Rail Station one block from campus with participation in tax-benefited Metrolink rider program
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR RESUME:
Please apply directly through our Website at www.aoarchitects.com
Or copy and paste the link below: