We are looking for a Senior HVAC Design Engineer to join our Pasadena, CA team!
ACCO Engineered Systems has been annually recognized by a national industry magazine as one of the top-10 specialty contractors in the United States, and the leader in its mechanical contracting field for the Western United States. We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make ACCO an engaging place to work.
SO WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Project planning
- Applications engineering including psychometrics, refrigeration, acoustics, and controls systems
- Load calculations, design, and layout of equipment, duct and piping systems
- Computer 3D modeling of HVAC systems utilizing the latest modeling software
- Economic & energy analysis
- Code Compliance
- LEED certifications
- Coordination of design and installation with Project Management, Construction and Service departments
- Field engineering: assist with project execution, trade coordination, scheduling, document management and problem-solving
- Estimating and proposal writing, client interaction
- Mentoring and training of engineers within the team
- Delegating workload to team members
- Review and quality control of team members work
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BE A PART OF THIS ALL-STAR TEAM?
- BS in Mechanical Engineering / Environment Engineering or Construction Management
- Excellent understanding of Engineering fundamentals
- Ability to interact effectively with others in team environments
- High sense of integrity
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter and strong desire to succeed
- 6-8 years of HVAC Design experience required
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to walk and sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of filling photocopier/printers).
- As the employee maintains and orders supplies to the Project Group, the employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder height to access storage cabinets and mail cubicles.
- Regular and routine attendance, occasional mandatory overtime will be required.
Our ideal person will have all these in addition to everything listed above:
- OUTSTANDING COMMUNICATION SKILLS in addition to maintaining an open line of communication with employees throughout the organization, you'll demonstrate excellent communication skills, including good phone and email etiquette.
- APPRECIATION FOR DIVERSITY you already demonstrate respect and you highly value the variety of cultures and talents that make up ACCO.
- INNOVATION although we have a great team and effective processes in place, we feel that there is always room for improvement, and we'll look to you to be creative as you partner with stakeholders to evaluate our operations, solve ongoing issues, and develop even better systems.
- STRONG APTITUDE for learning and developing new systems and programs.
- GOING THE EXTRA MILE ability to work overtime, as needed.
- WORK MANAGEMENT possesses the ability to work in a high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- ESOP – Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from ACCO to you, free of cost.
- Company Culture of Excellence – Here at ACCO, we are flexible and foster creativity
- Competitive Time Off including PTO, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Education Reimbursement Program for career development
- United Way is our philanthropy program. We give back to the community, and we have fun while doing it! ACCO has fundraising events such as raffles and bingo throughout the year.
- Competitive benefits package and 401k
Do you have what it takes? Click the START YOUR APPLICATION link below and submit your resume. Once you’ve applied, our dedicated Talent Acquisition team will be reviewing your resume. If your experiences match our needs, you’ll be hearing from us by phone or email.
More About Acco
Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance, and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semiconductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant…ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.