Gannett Fleming supports heavy construction projects that require unique problem solving, design of specialized equipment, and development of complex phasing. We also provide our traditional design services for buildings, transit stations and facilities, industrial facilities, tunnels, water/wastewater facilities, and dam structures. Our structural engineers deliver value through innovative solutions and quality designs, utilizing building information modeling for collaboration through design and construction. Our structural staff is also experienced with current standards in anti-terrorism force protection, blast design, and progressive collapse.
Gannett Fleming is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our Structural Practice in Los Angeles, CA. The Senior Structural Engineer will also support other offices within the Western region for projects related to facilities design.
As a Senior Structural Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the structural engineering, rehabilitation and new design efforts related to transit facilities and buildings and water structures.
- Perform design calculations for various structural components including foundation systems, steel and concrete components. Be familiar with relevant building codes and special codes for buildings and transit facilities.
- Perform field inspection of buildings and transit-related structures as needed.
- Direct efforts of engineers and designers to coordinate with sourcing and the project team on technical matters to meet project specifications, cost control and schedule objectives.
- Work with various offices and communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written form.
- Coordinate with various disciplines in a positive and productive manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Structural or Civil) required
- Professional Engineering registration license in California or ability to obtain license within 6 months.
- Minimum 8-12 years of progressive experience leading or participating in structural design for buildings and substation projects.
- Proven record of structural design using structural steel, concrete and masonry construction materials for different types of projects including buildings and transit facilities.
- Knowledge of and experience using ASCE, ACI and AISC standards and codes.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills and the ability to lead or be part of a project team.
- Must be capable of field inspection activity such as climbing ladders and using man lifts.