What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming’s Facilities Division is seeking a Electrical Designer or Electrical Engineer to work in our Los Angeles, CA office. Join our Journey!
The Facilities Business Line provides building-focused engineering services to a variety of commercial, municipal, industrial, water/wastewater, and institutional clients. We provide analysis, evaluation, plans, and design for facility projects that involve remodel, expansion, new construction, and process change. We provide design services in mechanical/HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, electrical/lighting, structural, security, data and voice communications, energy management, audio visual, civil/utility, site development, and architectural disciplines.
Your day to day responsibilities will include leading the preparation of electrical design documents, system calculations, lighting and power design, coordination with other trades for electrical power distribution and related systems. You will work directly under the supervision of senior level staff or work independently.
- Performing site survey of existing system conditions for interface of new designs with existing electrical and control systems.
- Design of electrical systems including: power distribution and lighting.
- Deliver projects in compliance with client and company quality control procedures and engineering guidelines
- Participate on project teams in an active production role
- Daily interaction and collaboration on cross-functional teams across multiple disciplines
- Coordination and verification of as-built drawings
- Perform quality work that promotes client retention and compliments ISO 9001 procedures.
In addition to a competitive benefits package, we offer:
- Flexible working
- REVIT training
- Support for continuing education related to the field
- Membership dues to IEEE
- Dynamic, team-oriented work environment
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 3 years’ experience with design of electrical system for buildings.
- At least 3 years’ experience with REVIT and AutoCAD.
- EIT is a plus.
- REVIT competency is required up to a level where electrical drafting is independently done without major overlook from BIM manager.
- Experience working on commercial buildings, water/wastewater treatment plants, office buildings, airports, healthcare facilities, etc.
- Drafting proficiency and ability to manage design and drafting independently.
- Experienced in generating single line diagrams, panel schedules, power distribution and lighting distribution.
- Ability to work with supervision from senior engineer and work independently on less complex projects.
- Ability to work in team environment with multiple team members from different trades and clients
- Ability to independently quality check your own work, while following industry and company standards.
- Fast learner of new engineering technology and drafting techniques.
- Ability to deliver quality documents and manage drafting multiple projects at a time.