What you will do
Businesses are seeking new ways to maximize the efficient use of energy and improve productivity. New construction, expansion, and modernization of power and electrical distribution systems require strategic design, integration, and complete construction services. Gannett Fleming handles small- and large-scale projects where critical client concerns are system reliability and performance along with schedule and budget requirements.
We are currently seeking a Staff Electrical Engineer to join our Roseville, CA office! The Staff Electrical Engineer supports and implements our power engineering services by performing all aspects of conventional electrical engineering design and analysis for power generating plants, including hydroelectric, turbines, and steam, as well as auxiliary support systems.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Understands and applies electrical codes, design guides, standards, applicable engineering codes, and SAGE policies and procedures.
- Creates a variety of moderately complex engineering deliverables such as schematics, one-line diagrams, meter and relay diagrams, three-line diagrams, and arrangement diagrams. Implements protective and control systems, DC control schematics, wiring diagrams, bill of materials, and completes work accurately, efficiently, and in accordance with required project deadlines.
- Performs complex research and creates recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection. Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work. Prepares engineering calculations such as cable sizing, breaker sizing, voltage drop, load flow and short circuit analysis, arc flash analysis, and equipment sizing for transformers, inverters and batteries.
- Prepares equipment specifications, evaluates bidders, and reviews supplier drawings against contract requirements.
- Determines client interests and requirements by partnering with clients and providing project leadership. On a project basis, incorporates client specifications and future needs in performance and work products.
- Other Functions
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates with other internal/external team members on less complex projects. Initiates contact with other disciplines as needed to identify and coordinate work details.
- BS in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- 0 to 2 years of increasing responsibility in designs and experience.
- Current Engineer in Training Certification or the ability to obtain EIT within 12 months.
- Continuous learning in a dynamic environment, problem solving, results driven, quality decision making, strong listening skills, and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Knowledge of Power system analysis software such as Mathcad, ETAP, SKM or other analytical software programs.
- Familiarity with National Electric Code, IEEE design standards and guides.
- Related work experience in power generating plants and/or industrial power distribution design.
- MicroStation and or AutoCAD drawing proficient.
This position is based in an office setting, but requires periodic field work, which involves exposure to inclement weather such as heat, cold, wind, and rain.
Standing, sitting, walking, stooping, kneeling and crawling