What You Will Do
Businesses are seeking new ways to maximize the efficient use of energy and improve productivity. New construction, expansion, and modernization of power and electrical distribution systems require strategic design, integration, and complete construction services. Gannett Fleming handles small- and large-scale projects where critical client concerns are system reliability and performance along with schedule and budget requirements.
We are currently seeking a Project Electrical Engineer to join our Roseville, CA office! As Project Electrical Engineer, you will support and implement our power engineering services by performing all aspects of conventional electrical engineering design and analysis for power generating plants, industrial facilities, and auxiliary support systems.
- Understand and applies electrical codes, design guides, standards, applicable engineering codes, and company policies and procedures.
- Create a variety of moderately complex engineering deliverables such as schematics, one-line diagrams, meter and relay diagrams, three-line diagrams, wiring diagrams, demolition drawings and arrangement diagrams.
- Implement protective and control systems, DC control schematics, develop bills of materials, circuit schedules, conduit schedules, and complete work accurately, efficiently, and in accordance with required project deadlines and budgets.
- Perform complex research and recommend equipment and/or materials selection. Collect, assimilate, and manages data for engineering work.
- Prepare engineering calculations such as cable sizing, breaker sizing, voltage drop, load flow and short circuit analysis, arc flash analysis, and equipment sizing for transformers, inverters and batteries.
- Prepare equipment specifications, evaluate bidders, and review supplier drawings against contract requirements.
- Determine client interests and requirements by partnering with clients and providing project leadership.
- Ensure client specifications and project objectives are incorporated into work products.
- Assign tasks to and coordinate with other internal/external team members on less complex projects.
- Initiate contact with other engineering disciplines as needed to identify and coordinate work details.
- Manage small projects and delegate work to Staff level engineers.
- BS in Electrical Engineering (Power Engineering focus preferred) from an ABET accredited university.
- 5-7 years of increasing responsibility in design experience.
- Current PE in California or ability to obtain PE in California within twelve months.
- Problem solving skills, detail focused, results driven, quality decision making, strong listening skills, and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Knowledge of power system analysis software such as Mathcad, ETAP, SKM or other comparable analytical software programs.
- Familiarity with National Electric Code and IEEE design standards and guides.
- Related work experience in power generating plants and/or industrial power distribution design.
- Proficiency in MicroStation and/or AutoCad drawing.