Performs duties necessary to keep the physical structure and associated equipment of Hospital in good repair. Minor electrical work, mechanical repairs, and other duties relating to maintenance are the primary duties. Operates and maintains stationary mechanical equipment, such as steam boilers, compressors, vacuum pumps, generators, electrical switchboards & pumps. Utilities such as lighting, heating, refrigeration systems, air conditioning and other support services for the hospital.
- Maintains routine records of all inspections, preventive maintenance and repairs performed on any equipment or system.
- Performs mechanical repairs as required by Chief and/or Assistant Chief Engineer.
- Performs plumbing repairs as requested by Chief and / or Assistant Chief Engineer.
- Maintains and repairs H.V.A.C. controls and associated equipment to maximize efficiency levels in all environmentally controlled area.
- Performs urgent corrective, routine, and requisitioned repairs of electrical, mechanical Plumbing systems as required.
- Maintains electrical wiring and emergency generator systems. Inspects and tests equipment systems.
- Replaces, installs, repairs and tests electrical circuits, equipment, appliances and lighting systems.
- Performs boiler plant / utility operations, maintenance and repair. Performs preventive maintenance on equipment and systems as required. Maintains tool and equipment as necessary.
- Reads blueprints, interprets instructions, and prepared specifications.
- Performs preventive maintenance duties to all physical structures of hospital and complies with all building safety codes. This includes facility equipment and associated controls.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Appropriate trade / technical/ vocational training is essential
- Journey person level experience
- Engineering experience in a healthcare environment, preferred
- Journeyman level knowledge of boilers, H.V.A.C. electrical, plumbing, all mechanical equipment and Medical Center Safety Policy and Procedures
- Ability to work well with others
- Accuracy, attention to detail, ability to organize/ prioritize work
Organization: California Pacific Medical Center
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Other
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80