Denham-Blythe Company is a people-focused, design-build construction company committed to providing the best possible construction service in the industry. We exceed expectations in order to earn clients' trust for life. Founded in 1976, Denham-Blythe has completed over 10,000 projects to date, with 90% of our projects with repeat clients.
The Electrical Designer is responsible for the design of building electrical systems such as lighting, fire alarm, voice/data passive systems, grounding and power distribution systems, etc. as well as providing electrical quality control oversight and technical support at various project sites. The Electrical Designer will verify that electrical systems, workmanship and equipment are in compliance with codes, regulations and project specifications. This includes specification reviews, program development timelines and reports, design reviews and documentation packages.
This role will be based in Lexington, KY, but will require travel to various project sites across the region to conduct necessary inspections.
- Reviews and interprets project plans, contract documents, specifications, product submittals, wiring diagrams, and schematics to ensure successful project constructability
- Surveys and inspects the installation of electrical systems, components and equipment throughout various industrial projects to verify equipment meets project requirements
- Collaborates with engineers, vendors, and contractors to support installation and operation of systems.
- Identifies plan/specification discrepancies and reports findings to Superintendent and subcontractors; determines impacts to the project
- Works with project team to develop project scope and costing, obtaining input from third parties such as component vendors, utilities, construction contractors, and permitting authorities
- Provides technical direction, serves as a point of contact or business liaison, prepares briefings for senior management, and assists in problem resolution specific to the project
- Writes manufacture and test procedures and reports. Participates in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products
- Assist QA/QC manager in developing Quality Plan
- Communicates and resolves design issues with the design team, field teams and third-party vendors
- Maintains current inventory of drawings and specifications for individual components and assembly drawings
- Ability to read construction drawings and documents
- Proficient in geometrical and mathematical calculations
- Knowledge to perform layout and surveying
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivating and responsible
- Ability to work as an effective member in a team environment
- Must practice effective and clear recordkeeping practices
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, strongly preferred but not required
- 3 – 5 years of experience in Electrical/Industrial Engineering/Electrical Quality Inspection
- Electrical design and/or electrical field experience is required
- Experience in design, installation, and analysis of building electrical systems. Must have exposure to electrical engineering design principles and methodologies
- Knowledge of CAD software