Denham-Blythe Company is a people-focused, design-build construction company committed to providing the best possible construction service in the industry. We exceed expectations in order to earn clients' trust for life. Founded in 1976, Denham-Blythe has completed over 10,000 projects to date, with 90% of our projects with repeat clients.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer in our Lexington, KY office. The Mechanical Engineer coordinates and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering projects within the area of assigned responsibility and discipline under the direction of department manager and VP of Design and Development.
- Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape and arrangement.
- Sketches rough layouts and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes.
- Plans and formulates engineering strategy and organizes project staff according to project requirements.
- Reviews construction documents for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems with VP of Design and Development.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases with oversight.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving, and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional licensure (PE) in the state of KY or ability to receive reciprocity.
- 5-10 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3+ years’ experience in Construction.
- Experience in sanitary and domestic water design.
- Experience in both HVAC and plumbing design.