Job Title Senior Transportation Engineer - Transportation Market Location Jacksonville, FL US
Tallahassee, FL US (Primary)
Tampa, FL US
Job Type Full-time Job Function Engineering Education Bachelor's Degree Job Description
Our transportation team helps improve the connectivity of the community through solutions that support the safe and efficient movement of goods, services and people.
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate transportation engineering work.
- Conceptualize the initial design approach for major phases of large roadway projects.
- Develop and review roadway design plans.
- Perform various aspects of roadway projects including geometric design, right-of-way plans, storm drainage design, utilities, signing and marking, and erosion control design.
- Prepare engineering reports, plans and specifications for major projects.
- Design and produce engineering drawings based on calculations.
- Check, interpret and revise engineering drawings.
- Prepare and review plans and technical specifications, contract documents and estimates.
- Conceive, plan and conduct research in complex problem areas.
- Resolve a variety of complex problems (e.g., conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
- Participate in contract bidding and administration.
- Supervise and observe the design and on-going progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with city, state and county officials and other outside agencies.
- Coordinate projects with clients, contractors, outside consultants and firm staff.
- Communicate and interact with project team members, client representatives, review agencies and others as appropriate to project.
- Supervise the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project.
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering or Transportation Engineering
- Minimum of 12 years of transportation/roadway and drainage design experience is required. Traffic and safety design experience is a plus. FDOT project experience is a must.
- Project management experience is required.
- Professional Engineer, P.E. certification is required.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot issues
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in an understandable way to clients
- Knowledge and skill in MicroStation and AutoCAD techniques and principles preferred. GeoPack experience is a plus. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering principles, practices and techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational, project, and time management skills.
- Ability to be proactive in determining the necessary steps to meet objectives and performance expectations of position.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills.
- Ability to interact professionally and comfortably with a variety personalities and communication styles. Adept in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships.
Gresham Smith is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. An executed GRESHAM PLACEMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT (PSA) is required prior to any payment obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously executed PSA, GRESHAM SMITH explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to GRESHAM SMITH’S hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of GRESHAM SMITH upon receipt.