We have a full-time opportunity for a resident engineer to support the construction of infrastructure public works projects located in and around the City of San Francisco.
The Resident Engineer supports the Owner in the administration of the construction management process, including the following:
- Manages and administers project construction contracts as the “Owner Representative”
- Serves as the primary point of contact between the construction contractor, the owner, and external stakeholders.
- Implements quality plans to assure all construction work is completed in conformance to the Contract Documents;
- Implements environmental compliance requirements and procedures; manages schedules, costs, and change orders;
- Assists with Public Outreach efforts;
- Maintains all construction documentation and records.
- Directs the performance of the project CM team and ensures conformance to established policies and procedures for management of the project.
- Interfaces with the Engineer of Record (EOR) for design support during construction and reviews technical submittals, Requests for Information (RFIs), and change orders. Participates in startup and testing activities, final inspections, and contract closeout activities. Reports on project progress to the Owner.
- Oversees contract closeout to ensure that all administrative and contractual requirements are met, including turn-over of as-built record drawings, Operations & Maintenance Manuals, spare parts, and warranties;
- At least 5 years of experience providing Construction Management services for utility infrastructure construction projects;
- A baccalaureate degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or in a relevant engineering discipline from an accredited institution;
- At least three (3) years or recent experience using Construction Management software systems is desirable;
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of California is desirable; and
- Certification as a Certified Construction Manager is desirable
- You are a professional with technical expertise as well as strong communications skills which will allow you to effectively and creditably communicate complex technical issues with our clients. You have significant experience on public works utility infrastructure projects.
- You enjoy direct client contact and professional networking.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are self-motivated and passionate about your work.
- You excel in an unconventional work environment. You enjoy working in varied locations, including job sites, at home, and in the office.
- You like work to be a mix of logic, creativity, real-world experience, and common sense.
Joe Hill Consulting Engineers is a growing water resources engineering consulting practice.
We are building a company that offers specialized consulting services to the managers of water and wastewater systems. Our focus is in getting operations right, recognizing the value in real-world experience in operating and maintaining complex water infrastructure systems.