We value each employee and recognize their contribution to overall success of the company. We offer competitive compensation in order to retain the best employees and are committed to further reward employees who consistently perform at a high level.
In addition, we also offer comprehensive benefits programs, social events, and stimulating work.
We have an opening for a mid-level Civil Engineer in our Denver, Colorado office.
Assist Senior Engineer with design work involving all aspects of civil engineering earthwork projects. Work elements may involve some, or all, of the following: Civil 3D drafting, analysis, design, and report preparation on mining, water resource, renewable energy, and hydropower projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the planning and designing of earthwork and water resource projects following standard procedures. Typical projects will include waste rock facilities, heap leach facilities, tailings storage facilities and their ancillary works.
- Produce civil / geotechnical / hydraulic analyses, contribute to the preparation of proposals, bid documents and capital cost estimates, construction drawings and design reports.
- Participate in short to medium duration field assignments within the US and abroad. Field work assignments could involve geotechnical site investigations and construction observation, quality control and/or quality assurance.
- Be actively involved in assisting with permitting, reclamation and closure activities and design work.
- Prepare civil layouts using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Keep management advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
Qualifications to perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Technical Ability - Strong working knowledge of, and experience in civil engineering and geotechnical principles and methodologies.
- Education/Experience - Minimum of a Bachelors' degree (B.S.) in civil engineering and 3 - 10 years of experience designing on earthwork projects.
- Computer Skills - Proficiency in MS Office. Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, GEO-Studio programs, GINT, and other latest engineering design software would be an asset.
- Certificates and Licenses – Registration or eligibility, with the requisite experience, to be registered as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) is preferred. A valid driver's license is preferred.
Work Environment - Work will be in both an office and field environment with travel to various outdoor sites determined by project needs. Adherence to safety standards including those of the firm, MSHA, OSHA is mandatory.