Responsibilities will be to contribute primarily in bridge design projects. Serving in a lead engineer role, including the planning, analysis, and design on bridge projects ranging from conventional to innovative bridge types. This includes performing structural design calculations, bridge design details and specifications development, as well as overseeing geometric layout for ensuring the successful execution and completion of services that may include the following:
- Structural analysis and preparation of design calculations.
- Management of structural analysis and design, load rating of roadway and rail bridges, and contract document preparation (plans, specifications, and estimate) for design/build and conventional bridge projects.
- Developing structural details and construction plans using Microstation, Geopak or AutoCAD.
- Geometric layout, construction specification development and material quantity calculations.
- Bridge condition inspections and preparation of inspection reports.
- Monitoring Budgets, Schedules, client management and Quality
- 15-20 years’ experience Civil / Structural Engineering
- IDOT & Illinois Tollway experience a must
- Professional Engineer (PE) Illinois required
- Structural Engineer (SE) required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, MicroStation and AutoCAD desired.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to manage projects from preliminary planning through completion.
Salary Range: Competitive & Commensurate with Experience
Opportunity to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other benefits after standard eligibility requirements are met.