Immediate opening for a Civil Design Engineer in Chicago, IL. We are seeking a self-motivated individual, interested in personal growth, who wants to be a member of our growing team. This person is expected to be in a key role on roadway and infrastructure design projects. Position requires the ability to serve as a responsible design engineer for project components and to coordinate with other design disciplines. It is important that this position can support project teams from initial planning through design to construction. Projects will generally involve roadway and highway design for local governments, state departments of transportation, toll authorities, airport authority, and private clients
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design of urban and rural infrastructure including site design, roadways, highways, complete streets, pedestrians, intersection geometrics, bicycle lanes/paths, and driveways.
- Design of Federal Aviation Administration and Chicago Department of Aviation facilities within airfield.
- Experienced in 3D modeling and cross section development utilizing Open Roads Corridor Modeler. Developing construction documents.
- Preparing quantity calculations, cost estimates, and special provisions.
- Agency coordination (Utilities, Airlines, CDA, FAA, DOTs, Municipalities)
- Permit submittal and tracking
- Collaborating with other design disciplines, project engineers, and discipline leads.
- Managing technical tasks and design team (including technical tasks, budgets, and schedule). Other duties as assigned.
- Review weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and potential changes
- Responsible for invoice management
- Attend client program meetings as needed.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Construction Management, or related field
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience. Alternatively, a minimum of with 3 to 7 years of experience in roadways or aviation will be considered. (Note: any equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.)
- Must have experience with aviation projects in the construction industry – the ability to speak aviation with a design or management focus.
- Working Knowledge of Microstation. GeoPak knowledge preferred.
- Chicago Department of Aviation and/or Federal Aviation Administration experience preferred.
- Familiarity and / or experience with the 7460 process and airspace evaluations
- Familiarity and / or experience with airport utility coordination processes/dig books
- Familiarity with Airport procedures
- Good communications and people skills
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter SmartBenefits
- On the Job Training and Professional Development