How will you contribute to the team?
- Oversight and coordination of Electrical and Controls contractor activities for an operational industrial facility performing renovations, and build outs on existing plants as well as on greenfield projects.
- Promotion of a Beyond Zero safety culture and compliance with project and OSHA safety requirements. Interface between engineering and construction operations for resolution of technical issues related to all disciplines.
- Monitor the activities of contractors and subcontractors performing craftwork, ensuring compliance with project quality, safety, and security requirements.
- Assist the Contractor(s) in directing daily work activities, coordinating the placement and movement of onsite equipment and material.
- Ensure that all Contractor personnel are trained on and aware of specifications and work procedures and are utilized to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Assume direct responsibility to ensure that all work performed by the Contractors is in accordance with contractual requirements, and meets all drawings and specifications.
- Assist Contractors in maintaining effective schedule and cost control.
What will you contribute?
- Experience in a management role over Electrical and Controls subcontractors on an industrial facility projects required.
- 10 years of experience in industrial construction and/or manufacturing
- Understand and utilize Information technology in the performance of work including Microsoft Office Suite
- Manage and assist document control in maintaining accurate project files for all construction information.
- Planning of all installations and deliveries associated with the assigned project.
- Generate and/or participate in Facility Incident Prevention Planning (FIPP), Constructability Reviews, Request for Information (RFI) process and Construction Coordination Meetings.
- Provide timely and complete resolution to technical questions and requests for information
- Assist in developing and maintaining project schedule.
- Ensure applicable Quality Assurance programs are implemented and followed
What we offer:
Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities