We are currently seeking a Director of Facility Operations to provide oversight and managerial direction for business and operational management of utility systems. This position will be located in Moscow, Idaho.
You're Great At
- Develop and execute annual operations plan to support the management and delivery of facility services across owned assets.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of plans, policies, programs, and procedures to ensure that quality standards and Key Performance Indicator's (KPI) are met.
- Operate within budget and provide process improvements to meet growth objectives.
- Develop strategic sourcing strategies to drive down operating expenses across the portfolio, goals, and objectives required for continued facility agreement success.
- Implement and manage monthly financial responsibilities (i.e. billings, estimate to completes, etc.).
- Communicate current account conditions to Management.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure agreements are successfully managed, opportunities are maximized, and customers are satisfied.
- Prioritize, coordinate, and deliver special projects as assigned.
Client Relationship Management
- Maintain and expand customer relationships.
- Oversee regional vendor relationships.
- Deliver best-in-class customer service to clients.
- Develop standardized Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) detailing estimated time for Facilities’ responsiveness to employee requests. Develop and utilize quarterly dashboard reporting on metrics achieving SLA targets.
- Develop and execute a tenant relations model to deliver consistent service and Oversee and control vendor relationships as necessary (i.e. mechanical service, custodial, and controls service).
- Develop, implement, and track Tenant and vendor engagement programs.
- Own, manage, and implement client management reporting tools (KPI’s, Business Reviews, etc.).
- Establish and gain customer and internal team’s agreement on deliverables and delivery dates.
- Select, train, mentor, and manage facility managers and other staff.
- Provide the requirements for operation managers, program managers, facility directors, and facility managers per particular site.
- Promote collaborative work across all business units by sharing information so all opinions and best practices are represented.
- Maintain ongoing facility training and certification programs.
- Establish and communicate performance standards.
- Review and document individual performance.
- Deliver regular individual performance feedback.
- Support individual professional development and career planning.
- Accept responsibility for continuous quality improvement and cost management
- Recognize the responsibility as an agent and act accordingly at all times.
Facility Operations Coordination
- Supervise the resolution of technical and contractual issues as they relate to the portfolio and/or specific facilities.
- Ensure consistent collection, documentation, and reporting of facilities and facilities program metrics.
- Manage special technology projects, serve as facilities consultant and owner’s representative in assessing new technologies.
- Responsible for the successful and timely completion of assigned Capex projects by utilizing appropriate resources effectively and balancing the customer requirements with the agreed-upon strategies of the company.
- Communicate with other departments.
- Ensure that facility standards and processes are defined, communicated, and followed.
- Ensure compliance with accrediting and regulatory agency requirements.
- Ensure communication of and compliance safety philosophy, policy, and procedures.
- Ensure that business standards and processes are defined and communicated.
What We Would Like To See From You
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in all the responsibilities of a Facility Manager.
- BA/BS in Business Management, Facilities Management, Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent field of study or equivalent work experience required.
- Eight (8) years of experience in operations management and/or facility management required.
- Technical and personnel supervisory experience required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Current knowledge of facility systems, procedures, and processes required.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety monitoring and control systems typically used in critical environments required.
- Ability to read blueprints/CAD drawings required.
- Knowledge of building systems and the ability to manage personnel responsible for operation required.