Seeking a Project Manager to work in a small design team managing a variety of building design projects within a global organization. You will get to work closely with the construction team through the design process as well as support the facilities and maintenance team throughout the life of the buildings. This position will require the ability to create construction documents, manage consultants, and assist the construction team through the bidding and construction administration phases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinate the activities of multiple divisions/departments as necessary to meet project objectives. Contribute in consensus decisions among project stakeholders and team members.
2. Work under minimal supervision to establish project plans, and execute and coordinate multiple projects, some crossing different functions/disciplines.
3. Create, maintain, and monitor accurate metrics, project files, and project tracking reports such as time reporting, financial records, schedules, budgets, and summary spreadsheets. Own accurate assessment and analysis of project deliverables to assist the team with meeting project objectives such as cost, schedule, and quality objectives.
4. Create, coordinate and review design documents under the supervision of the architect of record.
5. Readily and promptly identify project performance related issues. Identify, track and help mitigate project related risks.
6. May create and deliver presentations on project status to management.
7. Identify opportunities for improvement to project processes and make a significant contribution in making those improvements.
8. Mentors others. May lead or supervise interns.
9. Follow SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World-Class Manufacturing principles.
10. Understand. Create. Simplify.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
Typically 4 years of direct experience in coordinating projects
3+ years experience working in an architectural firm, or equivalent.
Proficiency in Construction Document creation using AutoCAD
Excellent coordination, organization, and prioritizing skills
Competent level knowledge of building codes.
Competent level knowledge of building materials & methods.
Demonstrated competent level knowledge of project management skills, techniques, and terminology
Demonstrated record of project management accomplishments
Basic level of business acumen related to budgets, expense planning, resource allocation, and forecasting
Self-motivated and able to work independently
Knowledge of Microsoft Project or other project management tracking software
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Licensed architect, or working toward becoming licensed.
Proficiency in Construction Document creation using Revit
NOTES: Employer will assist with relocation costs.