What does this job entail?
The Planner is responsible for the technical production of planning and public outreach assignments for multiple projects. Some duties include:
- Supporting public involvement needs.
- Preparing documents, reports, and deliverables.
- Making public presentations and collaborating with stakeholders.
- Coordinating project communication and documentation.
- Assisting in business and proposal development as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in City or Urban/Regional Planning, Environmental Planning, Landscape Architecture, Geography, or related fields.
- Must have at least 3 years of related experience in planning or a related field.
- AICP Certified Planner
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances is required
- Experience with flood mitigation planning, stormwater/watershed planning, resiliency, and green infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience in hosting townhalls, public workshops, and social media communications.
- Proficient knowledge of current planning and rendering software, such as ArcGIS, Civil 3D in AutoCad, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Knowledge with federal funding sources such as HUD Community Development Block Grants, FEMA Hazard Mitigation Assistance, EPA Brownfields Grants, and US Department of Transportation BUILD Grants