What You Will Do
Construction Engineer (Electrical): This is technical construction engineering work to ensure compliance with plans and specifications involving electrical and/or electronic elements. The employee is responsible for ensuring that project aspects, for which he/she is cognizant, are completed in accordance with approved plans and specifications along with approved methods and procedures. Employee receives assignments from and reports to the Project Manager who, based upon daily contacts, observations and records, evaluates employee's performance as to effectiveness and completeness of preparation for daily duties and success in achieving contractor's compliance with contract technical, workmanship and safety provisions of the contract.
This position will be based out of our Washington, DC or Fairfax, VA office.
Education | Experience:
- 10 years of engineering experience, at least 2 out of the 10 years shall be in the transit industry
- High School Diploma and Technical School Certificate
- Possess OSHA 10-hour or OSHA 30-hour certification or the ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
- Experience working on major electrical systems with switchgear, commercial generators and UPS systems.
- Able to read construction documents including approved drawings, specifications and all other documents related to the project.
- Able to communicate effectively with on-site construction managers and provide detailed and accurate reporting of daily inspection task.
- Perform problem solving for field construction issues.
- Review and provide comments on Contractor designs/shop drawings, specifications product submittals, test procedures, operations and maintenance manuals, and as-built drawings cost estimates, schedules, questions from contractors and drafting responses for client’s review.
- Review technical aspects of contract proposals received and draft detailed technical evaluations which, as a minimum, address, realism and credibility for execution of proposed labor hours, equipment and material requirements, proposed schedule, bidder management approach, and technical approach and all other related areas as directed by the Project Manager.
- Review proposals for compliance with proposal requirements, support fact-finding meetings, develop findings and recommendations, briefings, and provide the task order Project Manager constructive project operations improvement recommendations including those areas pertaining to improvements in cost, and technical efficiencies.
- Periodically inspect work performed by general contractor and subcontractors to verify that work is performed in accordance with contract plans and specifications, approved shop drawings and approved work plans.
- Prepare written and electronic field reports and maintain quality assurance logs detailing work performed, any deviation from plans, unforeseen conditions, and any non-conforming work.
- Monitor correction of non-conforming work by the general contractor.
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Washington, D.C.; Fairfax, VA
Working Hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
Employment Status: Full-time
Internal Requisition ID