Job Title Project Coordinator - Architecture - Healthcare Market Location Chicago, IL US (Primary)
Job Type Temporary Full-time Job Function Architecture Education Bachelor's Degree Job Description
Our healthcare team specializes in architectural design and planning to deliver research-based, value-added solutions for health systems, care providers, and patients alike.
- Collaborate with team leadership through all phases of the design process, from design concept inception through completion of construction documents.
- Research products and technologies and integrate these into drawings and specifications.
- Learn and apply a variety of code requirements and standards as you develop your expertise.
- Create renderings, 3D images, and other presentation materials.
- Ensure client satisfaction by learning and applying quality control processes to your work.
- Engage in Construction Administration, including job site visits and submittal reviews schematics, design development, and construction documents.
- Develop, modify, and review production drawings and edit project narratives and specifications.
- Research materials to determine appropriate selection for projects.
- Plan, coordinate, and administer projects from the initial programming stages all the way through to construction administration.
- Review construction submittals and assist project managers in construction administration.
- Analyze client problems and develop architectural solutions to those problems.
- 5-year Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited program.
- 1 to 3 years of working experience as an intern architect, pursuing licensure.
- Interest in hospital/healthcare design with strong concept design skills.
- Knowledge of building materials, construction methods, codes, and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience using Revit, Photoshop, Sketch-up, and CADD techniques and principles.
- Experience in Lumion, Enscape, or other 3D rendering software.
- Knowledge of architectural principles, practices, and techniques as well as standard operations, policies, and procedures of a Firm within the A/E industry.
- Ability to be proactive in determining the necessary steps to meet the objectives and performance expectations of the position.
- LEED accreditation and/or EDAC certification preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Please include a portfolio of your work samples, including conceptual sketches or diagrams, along with a resume/CV in your online application to be considered*
Gresham Smith is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. An executed GRESHAM SMITH PLACEMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT (PSA) is required prior to any payment obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously executed PSA, Gresham Smith explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Gresham Smith’s hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Gresham Smith upon receipt.