Seeking an experienced professional for an Architect position for our Brooklyn office. Our firm focuses on large scale multi-family amenity driven interior architecture projects where our team leads the design of exterior and interior spaces.
The candidate must have the following:
· Licensed or non-licensed Architect
· A Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
· A minimum of 8-10 years of related work experience (and at least 3 year in one firm) in the United States.
· Experience in Multi-Family residential, Hospitality and private residential
· Experience creating NYC / Miami Buildings Dept. drawing sets.
· Must be able to design, draft, and manage 2-4 projects concurrently.
· Extensive experience with CD’s, Detailing and Construction Administration
· Must be proficient in AutoCAD (this position will entail drawing not just management.)
· 3D Modelling (Sketch up or hand sketching) is a plus
· Must be able to manage Jr. staff, giving direction, mark ups, and keep people on schedule.
· Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously while communicating keeping clients.
· Possess a strong knowledge of design process and construction detailing for interior details.
· Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner.
· Fluency in written and spoken English.
· Reliable focused and detail oriented.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
· The ability to work both independently and in a team atmosphere with a positive spirit. The candidate must be a good communicator, especially in the team framework. Whether it’s on their own or with the team, the candidate should be able to achieve project goals by working efficiently, effectively and within time constraints while keeping an eye on the quality and care put into the effort (collectively and singularly).
· A friendly, outgoing personality is a plus; this a collegial working environment.
· Strong verbal and written skills
· The ability to manage consultants to have the designs executed thru all trades.
· Produce shop drawings for construction and shop drawing and submittals reviews.
· Maintain logs and manage the workflow of projects for job duration.
· Onsite field measurements and site visits.
· Clear communication with both internal team members and consultants throughout project duration regarding design.