POSITION: Wastewater Engineer
LOCATION: Houston, TX
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
Opportunity for a Wastewater Engineer in our Houston, Texas office. The Wastewater Engineer will direct or perform the design and project management of various lift stations and wastewater treatment plant projects including rehabilitation projects, preliminary engineering reports, feasibility studies, and evaluations. Be responsible for project designs by placing their engineering seal on engineered documents.
- Ensure all technical aspects of a project, including the design, specifications and reports, are in compliance with company's quality objectives as well as all local and state criteria;
- Review, develop, and maintain quality assurance standards, procedures, design tools and training programs related to wastewater design projects;
- Establish project budgets and schedules for wastewater design projects including preparation of accurate engineering cost estimates;
- Actively monitor project budgets and schedules throughout the project duration;
- Manage and train other engineers regarding wastewater design;
- Assist in the development and preparation of engineering proposals related to wastewater design projects;
- Prepare presentations for clients, public meetings, and proposal interviews when needed.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited university in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas.
- 6+ years of experience related to wastewater treatment design including design calculations involving hydraulics, pump design and biological treatment processes.
- 4+ years of progressive experience in the area of water resource design and team management.
- Operational knowledge of local Houston area Utilities Districts and Municipal Agencies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Valid Texas Drivers License.