JOB PURPOSE: The Project Engineer assists with the planning and daily execution of the construction project. Liaison between the project manager and subcontracted disciplines involved in the project. Responsible for managing the process of submittal approvals, coordinating the subcontractors and maintaining schedules.
- Assists in the development and management of project(s)
- Coordinates with project architects, designers, owners, and field personnel.
- Responsible for Request for Information (RFI) and submittal process.
- Assists in construction schedule management and tracking. Prepares rolling look-ahead schedules weekly.
- Assists in distributing and tracking contract documents and bid packages. Reviews subcontractor proposals for bid qualifications and recommendations.
- Assists in creating effective scopes of work for bid packages
- Acts as the “information hub” for project to office and field personnel to ensure continuity of work
- Offers technical information to project supervisor to ensure work complies with applicable codes, drawings, and specifications.
- May coordinate change orders, expedite material and job site equipment, assist in preparation of estimates, and compile data to assist in analyzing project progress.
- Monitor and track project quality control metrics and activities on a regular basis, provide timely and accurate quality reports, and raise issues to PM or Superintendent as appropriate.
- Inspects all work to assure compliance with plans and specifications. Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Oversees performance of all trade contractors and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to ensure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Coordinates with other field personnel to process photos and assemble documents for monthly progress reports
- Creates and prepares Daily Log for project sites including job photographs
- Assists in project close-out as needed
- Must understand how to read drawings for all disciplines
- Understanding of contract documents and specifications
- Previous multi-family experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical and administrative skills along with the ability to be very organized
- Proficient in MS Office programs, MS Project. Previous experience with BlueBeam, ProCore and Textura a plus
- Ability to prioritize duties accordingly
- OSHA 10 certification
- Act with a sense of urgency in meeting demands