We need a structural engineer who excels at performing various aspects of structural design including conceptual studies, calculations, systems selection and layout for structure design and existing building investigation. They will be organized and analytical in their approach as they prepare schematic documents, design development documents, and construction documents. The engineer will also perform structural services associated with the bidding process, including preparing addenda and amendments, field visits, review of shop drawings, and preparing record drawings.
This engineer will work with and respond to Project Managers, Design Managers, other structural engineers, architects, interior designers and landscape partners so concise and timely communication skills are important!
For those who would have interest, there are opportunity to build own client base and take leading role on projects and at the company at large. Wilmington is a small enough city that you can get involved in the close-knit community relatively easily. The local chapter of Structural Engineers Association has monthly lunch meetings of which you could participate in. ASCE and PENC also have local monthly meetings. Each of these groups are always looking for committee members and leaders. Whatever you decide your interest is, there are opportunities waiting for you.
· Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with Structural emphasis
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in building design and existing building investigation
· Proficiency with Structural Engineering software
· Experience designing steel, concrete, timber, and masonry buildings
· PE Licensure, or ability for licensure examination within 1 year
Preferred Qualifications include master’s degree in Civil engineering with Structural emphasis and experience in evaluation and renovation of existing buildings.
Why Should You Apply?
· Health, dental, long-term and life insurance paid at 100% by company. We like to take care of our people!
· Work for a recognized industry leader.
· You will be supported and encouraged to pursue professional education to remain up to date with current and future best practices, emerging in the industry.
· Generous 401(k) matching program with all plan administration fees paid for by the company.
· Flexible with core hours.
· Annual bonus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
Ability to Commute/Relocate: