About This Opportunity
Immediate opportunity for a Forensic Structural Engineer in the Los Angeles office. This individual will act as a team member on a variety of projects under the direction of different project managers. Assignments may include participating in field forensics investigations, analyzing existing structures, writing reports, and developing repair calculations, drawings and specifications.
- Assist with on-site damage assessment and investigations, including surveying and documenting observations, photographing, and sketching.
- Perform required engineering calculations, structural analysis, and repair/retrofit design.
- Research historical background of diverse structures, technical issues, and building code issues.
- Organize field data to facilitate analysis and problem solving.
- Complete technical and investigative reports to support forensic findings and prepare presentations.
- Interface with clients and attend meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals.
- Requires traveling to jobsites.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum Master’s degree in structural engineering, structural dynamics or related field.
- 2 - 5 years of experience in structural design, repair/retrofit design and damage investigations.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Strong technical writing skills.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Engineer in training; PE or SE in home state preferred.
- Strong background in using commercially available structural engineering software
- Experience in building envelope assessments (moisture infiltration, façade, roofing) is a plus.
You will be given the opportunity to grow and develop your skills surrounded by committed, talented and enthusiastic co-workers. In addition to competitive compensation, as a full-time employee, company offers vacation retreats, tuition and licensure reimbursement, 401(k) match and HSA employer contribution, commuter benefit accounts, medical, dental, vision insurance, and more!