About the job
Seeking a motivated Geotechnical Engineer III with at least 4 years of experience to join our progressive team. We offer mentorship by our professional engineers; a challenging, growth-oriented work environment; and an abundance of opportunities to expand engineering knowledge and skills, build professional relationships and become immersed in NYC’s construction industry. We offer hands-on engineering field and design experience.
The successful candidate will…
- Work as overall engineering lead on assigned projects reporting up to supervising engineers.
- Perform geotechnical analysis and calculations.
- Review of designs, drawings and calculations.
- Have field experience with construction monitoring.
- Perform field investigations and site visits to oversee projects, willing to spend 75% of working hours in the field.
- Prepare reports and other technical documentation.
- Lead or participate in project meetings and conference calls.
- Manage project documentation and status.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering required. Master’s degree with Geotechnical specialty preferred.
- FE/EIT certification required, PE preferred.
- Sound comprehension, working knowledge and experience with geotechnical engineering principles and design.
- Ability to work with engineering analysis software.
- Excellent attention to detail, organized and strong problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter and team player.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clarity and concision, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- The position is full time and requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical with HRA, dental, and vision coverage; 401k with employer contribution and profit sharing; paid time off; certification exam reimbursement; STD/LTD; FSA; Transit Check; more. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not currently offer visa sponsorship. No relocation assistance, must be located within commuting distance of midtown Manhattan.