We currently have an opening on the Landscape & Planning team as a Landscape Architect I.
- Works closely with design team receiving direction, guidance and oversight form Project Managers, Planners and senior design staff on a broad range of project types and scales to prepare design presentations, feasibility studies, park/recreation master plans, guideline documents, planting designs, urban design studies and construction documentation. Projects range from master planned communities, mixed-use, community parks, rec-centers, sports complexes, water sport and boating recreational facilities, town center re-developments, community hardscape, landscape, entry, signage/ monumentation and commercial developments.
- Must have a desire to work in a team-based environment with ability to assist with multiple project assignments, meet given project/production deadlines, produce high quality products and be a strong contributor.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback, expand knowledge, improve skillsets, and show progressive improvement.
- Must have an understanding of the design process including conceptual design, design development and construction documentation.
- Experience with a broad range of graphical representation with the ability to innovate and provide high quality presentations and documents as required. Graphic abilities should include hand drawing/ rendering, digital graphics and 3D representation.
- Must have an understanding of the principles of construction documentation including site layout, grading, drainage, hardscape, lighting, irrigation and planting. Experience with working on and preparing construction documents is required.
- Must have ability to perform site analysis, analyze design guidelines, coordinate with design team, layout accessibility plans, prepare preliminary cost estimates and demonstrate working knowledge of plant materials specific to project locale.
- May be required to visit project sites to photograph existing conditions, identify opportunities and constraints, collect data and information, and/or observe, photograph and prepare reports on construction progress.
- Assist in filing plans as necessary to various jurisdictions.
- Research product technology, trends and specific project related concepts.
- BA or BS in Landscape Architecture
- Entry Level Landscape Architect with 2-5 years of applicable experience.
- Licensure desired but not required.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch-Up, Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Office required. Proficiency preferred.
- Exposure or experience with Civil3D, Lumion and Illustrator desired.
- Understanding of the principles of Landscape Architecture, grading, drainage, concepts and systems, conceptual and schematic design is required.
- Strong communication and graphic skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and build strong relationships.