We are looking for someone who can be a leader within the Building Systems group to manage Project Scope, Schedule, and Budget. This person would serve as a business development leader and would work under the direction of the Building Systems Director of Operations to evaluate future project leads, create proposals, lead presentations, and build additional relationships and opportunities with our existing clients.
What You'll Do
- Provide leadership and oversight of business and production operations in Northeast Ohio and Western Pennsylvania.
- Manages local staff and plan/balance weekly workload.
- Create project plans in Deltek that correlate to the client’s scope of work, budget, and schedule. Hourly production hours per phase, in coordination with Technical Responsible Party’s (TRP’s) service group.
- Update and maintain billing projections within a 5% accuracy of actual billed.
- Manage the client project relationship.
- Bring in new clients – as directed by the Business Unit Director’s yearly sales goals.
- Completes billing packages for client invoicing for every billing cycle in coordination with accounting department.
- Leads the effort to create and define project scope.
- Assist in organization of the project providing input to the project principal and Business Unit Leader.
- Performs required follow-up with client regarding outstanding invoices.
- Mediates fee and scope disagreements between disciplines and makes decisions always in regard to the best interest of the project and the firm.
- Leads the effort to prepare fee proposals, conducting fee negotiations in conjunction with Technical Services Managers and Technical Responsible Parties.
- Prepare contractual agreements and scope of services.
- Negotiates or assists in negotiations with client to account for scope/contract changes.
- Participates in weekly reviews of the project with respect to schedule, construction cost, and profit plan.
- Prepares progress report for job status meetings.
- At the close-out of the project, prepares project history data, for example, construction cost analysis, special design features, and problem feedback in accordance with Total Quality Management (TQM) plan for future jobs. This information is placed in Deltek.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study
- 10+ years related experience / training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred: Registered Architect