ISAT Total Support (ISAT)/Tomarco is a leading provider of seismic engineering consulting services, and the related products and hardware used for nonstructural seismic bracing and the support of Mechanical, Electrical and Piping systems. Our focus is geared toward building utility systems within the commercial and industrial construction markets. Our primary focus includes but is not limited to, HVAC, mechanical, piping, distributed electrical systems, plumbing, process piping & fire protection contractors.
Headquartered in Southern California, ISAT also has offices in Northern California, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Georgia, North Carolina, Chicago, Atlanta, New Zealand, New York, and Puerto Rico. Additional expansion is expected.
This position will be based out of our Corporate Offices in La Mirada, CA. Design Engineer’s are responsible for assisting the Custom Engineering Division under the supervision of a licensed Structural Engineer.
Preferred candidates will meet/possess the following requirements:
1) Possess a BS in Civil/Structural. Candidates with MS degree in Structural Discipline is preferred.
2) 0- 2 plus years of experience in performing structural analysis/design of the various building or non-building structures including non-structural components.
3) EIT successfully obtained. Candidates with PE licenses are preferred but if not then must be on track to attain professional registration as soon as qualified.
4) Possesses knowledge of following building codes and standards: CBC, IBC, ASCE 7 with emphasis on Ch 13 Design of Non-Structural Components, ACI 318 with emphasis on Ch 17 Design of Concrete anchors, AISI, NDS, AISC Steel provisions
5) Possesses knowledge of following Computer Softwares: RISA-3D, Enercalc, STAAD, MS-OFFICE, MathCAD, AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, Solidworks, Anchor Design software.
6) Ability to work in a team environment with multiple projects. Actively looks for, develops, and shares better solutions or ideas.
7) Knowledge of Seismic Restraint design of the MEP distribution system along with Equipment Anchorage is a plus.
1) Perform calculations and assemble all pertinent information into a comprehensive and installer-friendly professional package.
2) Assist the Technical Support Engineers and Structural Engineers in creating professional custom-engineered details and calculations.
3) Provide drafting and design support with an emphasis on details/designs that are constructible, presentable, accurately cross-referenced, have a high degree of readability and contrast, simple to follow and understand.
4) Provide design and drafting support for the ISAT OPM (OSHPD Pre-approval) manual. Understanding, clarifying, and controlling project scopes of work.
5) Assisting in developing quotes and cost analysis for projects.
6) Developing cost-effective engineering standards and solutions.
7) Interface with 3rd party reviewing entities including but not limited to project design teams, engineers, plan checkers/reviewers, and local authorities.
8) Answering engineering questions and providing information to ISAT sales staff and clients on the phone, in person, or in writing.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: