General Purpose Of Job
The Junior Traffic Engineer is responsible and accountable for designing for the of roads, bridges, water and sewerage systems under the supervision of the Senior Civil Engineer. This position will work in a team to ensure project success.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Participate in project teams on all aspects of projects, including project set-up, design, quality review and completion.
- Prepare designs based on project plans and submit the designs for approval.
- Create modifications of construction documents, reports, specifications and designs for project.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, or other governmental regulations.
- Identify environmental risks and develop risk management strategies for all projects.
- Ensure compliance with environmental, safety, or other government regulations.
- Review studies of traffic patterns or environmental conditions to identify engineering problems and plan for potential project impact.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of civil and traffic engineering. Experience with MPT.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints and drawings, and identify discrepancies or conflicts within the documents.
- Understanding of government regulations, OSHA regulations and safety procedures
- Proficiency with AutoCAD with Civil 3D, MicroStation, Inroads, etc.
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented, with the ability to maintain accuracy while handling multiple requests in a growing company environment.
- Highly analytical with the ability to calculate complex mathematical equations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S., or B.A.) in Civil Engineering and a minimum of three (3) years related experience in general civil engineering.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- NY Engineer In Training (EIT)
- This position requires travel (less than 25%).