The Civil Engineer (CE) will be responsible for the design, project and construction management of water, wastewater, utility, heavy civil, and/or building projects and construction with assistance from a Senior Project Manager or Senior Civil Engineer. Work involves design and management of multiple projects at one time. A Civil Engineer will be responsible to multi-task and manage multiple projects effectively. They will also be responsible for the inspection of construction work for contract compliance, project documentation, and recommendation of remediation measures as necessary. CE designed and managed projects are generally smaller in contract size and value (typically < $5 million).
Supervision Received: Works under general supervision of the Senior Project Manager, Senior Construction Manager or Senior Civil Engineer, when assigned.
Supervision Exercised: Does not directly supervise subordinates.
Job Classification: Full time, Exempt Employee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned. Duties are varied in nature, and include:
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with their teammates and assigned supervisor to help achieve their respective Civil Engineering Design and Project Management objectives.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Minimum 3-years of experience in engineering design or construction with an emphasis in Civil Engineering Design, Construction Management, and/or Project Management.
· Field engineering and layout knowledge.
· Knowledge of engineering principles and construction practices related to heavy civil, commercial, and public buildings, water, wastewater, pipeline, and road/bridge construction.
· Ability to ensure compliance with, and follow standard safety practices and procedures common to construction work.
· Understanding of construction phasing and practices and the ability to implement this knowledge in accurate and construction-grade engineering design.
· Ability to compile data and statistics and evaluate and write reports.
· Ability to prepare budgets, proposals, and manage job costs.
· Ability to prepare engineering cost estimates for design and construction projects.
· Ability to effectively communicate using both oral and written communication to internal, external teams, and clients.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, clients, and the public.
· Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at one time.
· AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or Microstation experience.
· Microsoft Project Scheduling Software experience.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Environmental Engineering required.
Special Licensing or Certification: Professional Engineer Licensure Preferred. Engineer Intern certification required.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of increasingly responsible experience in engineering and construction with an emphasis in the following areas: