What We're Looking For
Within a given discipline, is fully competent to complete engineering-related tasks including research, development, calculations, design and delivery with minimal direction. On tasks basis, is responsible for preparation and completion of discipline engineering efforts that are responsive to project needs. Coordinates preparation of design details, plans, and drawings within assigned task areas.
Primary Focus Will Include
- Responsible for preparation of design calculations and CADD drawings related to complex freeway reconstruction projects.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of quantity calculations and cost estimates for complex freeway reconstruction projects.
- Lead small design teams in the development of 3D models of roadways and/or utility networks using Microstation and Geopak.
- Conducts design and constructibility reviews of plans
- Assists Senior Engineers and Project Managers with preparation of weekly and monthly program updates and reporting
- Assists Senior Engineers and Project Managers with management of design review process and permitting through outside agencies
- Coordinates with construction observers, consultant engineers, utility coordinators, and right of way coordinators
- Conducts reviews and makes recommendations of approval of potential construction change orders, utility agreements, and construction & utility pay estimates
- Updates and maintains master schedule for the program
Preferred Qualifications And Skills
- Professional Engineer's License (PE)
What You'll Need
- Responsible for completion of discipline engineering project elements such as reports, designs, specifications and plans.
- Responsible for coordination and productivity of subordinates. Provides technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Works closely with other disciplines and multi-discipline projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5 years relevant experience