About the job
Serve as project architect for a variety of complex architecture projects. Responsible for duties including designing architectural projects and preparing drawings, plans and specifications of all types of buildings and structures and has responsibility for the technical correctness of work performed or supervised. Perform research, site visits, data collection; prepare sketches, interaction with clients, technical experts, contractors, and community involvement.
Essential Duties (Major Responsibilities/Activities):
- Prepares and supervises the preparation of preliminary studies, sketches and renderings of buildings and structures.
- Prepare and supervises the preparation of information regarding design, materials, color, and opinions of probable cost or construction time.
- Participates in the selection of systems and equipment and their coordination with engineers of record.
- Prepares and supervises the preparation of design drawings, working drawings and specifications for buildings.
- Reviews plans for completeness and accuracy.
- Reviews plans and specifications of buildings and other structures for compliance with zoning, building, plumbing, electrical, fire and health regulations.
- Confers with officials on requirements of projects; makes site surveys to obtain information and other requirements for projects.
- Integrates engineering systems and components into unified design.
- Monitors building permit and LEED compliance process.
- Checks shop drawings for conformity in dimensions, materials and design with contract plans and specifications.
- Conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans.
- Respond to contractor issued RFI’s.
- Reviews for accuracy contractor’s pay applications and change proposals.
- Participation in professional organizations such as AIA, CSI, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
To perform successfully in this position, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties above in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture (BArch) or equivalent.
- Licensed architect preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of license. Title/Role will be dependent on licensing status and experience.
- Minimum of three years professional experience.
- Experience in coordinating A/E consultants.
- Preferred experience in one or more of the following project types: commercial – office, education, hospitality, and/or multi-family residential.
- Preferred experience in construction administration.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present project materials and information clearly and concisely.
- Highly developed organizational skills.
- Extensive and diversified knowledge of architectural principals and practices.
- Core knowledge of project delivery, construction codes and regulations, construction documents and building materials.
- Proven collaboration skills and effective contributor to project teams.
- Proficiency in Revit required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD preferred.
- Understand, analyze, interpret and process complex technical information and materials.
- Utilize direct source research techniques, including technical reference documents, government regulations and maps.
- Coordinate effectively with government representatives, project consultants, contractors, and client representatives.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively in a team framework.
- Capable use of MS Office products.
- Demonstrate use of sound discretion and independent judgment.