Your day to day responsibilities will include leading the preparation of electrical design criteria documents, electrical design directive drawings, electrical system calculations, electrical system technical analyses, electrical system contract design drawings, detailed specifications and performance based specifications for electrical power distribution and related systems.
- Performing site survey of existing system conditions for interface of new designs with existing electrical and control systems.
- Design of electrical systems including: low/medium voltage power distribution, standby/emergency generation, interior/exterior lighting for buildings, local area IT networks, access control, security and fire alarm systems
- Construction assistance including; electrical shop drawing review, contractor relations, and site surveys
- Lead and participate in meetings clients, state agencies, city agencies, utility service representatives and project teams.
- Deliver projects on time and within client budgets
- Deliver projects in compliance with client and company quality control procedures and engineering guidelines
- Participate on project teams in an active production role
- Preparation of project specifications
- Preparation of electrical construction cost estimates
- Daily interaction and collaboration on cross-functional teams across multiple disciplines
- Coordination and verification of as-built drawings
- Perform quality work that promotes client retention
- Minimum Bachelors in Electrical Engineering
- Five (5) plus years of progressive experience in the engineering and design of electrical systems
- EIT or Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) are preferred or the ability to obtain the PE license within the three years of employment
- Firm understanding of the National Electrical Code, other NFPA codes/standards and energy codes
- Experienced with facility surveys, reports, feasibility studies, design, specifications, cost estimating, and construction activity support.
- Electrical power design experience is required
- Security and communication design experience
- Project management and leadership skills, capable of driving the successful completion of projects is a plus.
- Experience using Computer Aided Design and Drafting (AutoCAD, MicroStation) is a plus
- Building Information Modeling (BIM – Autodesk Revit) experience is a plus