Our mission is to implement high design projects that holistically embrace sustainable design principles while utilizing Wight’s unique Integrated Delivery Services. Wight is currently in search of a Architect I, with a strong professional drive with great passion and self-direction, to join our collaborative and engaging practice in the Darien office location.
Architectural Professional, level II, is an intermediate position. This position requires an intermediate understanding of design and technical aspects of projects, strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a passion for high quality design and collaborative process. This position requires intermediate experience with construction document productions and familiarity with building and accessibility codes.
* Work under the supervision of one or more architects to assist in the development of an architectural project from pre-design phase through construction administration -Participate in the design process.
* Prepare drawings for schematic design, design development, and contract documents including developing design sketches, renderings, models, graphics, details, sections, elevations and schedules.
* Exercise creative judgement and design applications.
* Assist your team with programming and space planning to assess client and project needs.
* Prepare rendering and presentation materials for client and office meetings.
* Compile data and perform design computations, assist in production of amendments, addenda, and bulletins.
* Perform site analyses, calculations, and surveys of existing conditions and field measurements.
* Research materials and building systems and assist in development of specifications.
* Collaborate across disciplines and departments to assist in well-coordinated and designed projects.
* Work alongside and understand the functional organization of the project team.
* Perform general office responsibilities (library and material upkeep, assist in developing project/BIM standards, assist and participate in professional development programs, etc.).
* Participate in cross-discipline career development.
* Actively participate in company initiatives, groups and programs.
* Experience working on Institutional, K-12 Schools and Governmental buildings are a plus.
* Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture from an Accredited School.
* 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in preparation of conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documents and materials.
* General knowledge of architectural practice including site planning, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical engineering
* Ability to develop, communicate and present design concepts to their team.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills and excellent graphic presentation skills.
* Proficiency in Revit, graphic design, and 3D modelling and visualization software.
* Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Capable of handling multiple projects at the same time.
* Interest in completing ARE exams
Wight & Company offers excellent benefits and a wonderful work environment. For more information about our company, visit our website at www.wightco.com.
Wight & Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Wight & Company values diversity in our workforce. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you need an accommodation to assist with completing the electronic application, please call us at 630.969.7000 and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.