Studio Carver Architects is an award-winning architectural firm based in Carmel, California for the past 40 years. We specialize in one-of-a-kind building design, green, LEED certifiable sustainable architecture, interior design, historic preservation, restoration and rehabilitation, land-use and coastal planning, and assisting in real estate due diligence research and feasibility studies. Please visit www.studiocarver.com to learn more about the firm and view our portfolio.
Studio Carver is seeking a Project Architect to join our team who has five or more years of experience, licensed or unlicensed, who exercises independent judgment in preparation of design and construction documents and demonstrates proficiency with design and presentation software. This position will work with the Principal and facilitate the progress of design projects through all stages to completion.
Candidates must be extremely knowledgeable in performing and maintaining overall project planning, including, but not limited to:
• Developing, defining, interpreting, and organizing specific projects
• Preparation of design and construction documents and have proficiency with design and presentation software
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Effective technical abilities, strong design sense, and genuine intellectual curiosity
• Have an impeccable attention to detail
• Be open-minded and willing to adapt individual design thinking to the varied locations, programs, and clients that our projects encompass
• Be able to work independently and multitask on conceptuals and construction document packages
Knowledge of 3D modeling is essential, and a high level of proficiency in Revit (our main platform), AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite is required. Familiarity with Sketchup, Enscape and other rendering programs is a plus.
• Autodesk Revit (minimum 5 years working on projects)
• AutoCAD (4 years)
• Microsoft Office (4 years)
• Adobe Creative Suite (4 years)
(Please do not apply if you are not fluent in these programs.)
• Professional work experience in construction
Please provide your resume with references listed, and your portfolio in PDF format NOT exceeding 5MB.
Relocation information: https://www.carmelchamber.org/relocate-to-carmel/