Loureiro Engineering Associates, Inc. has an immediate need for a Mechanical Engineer to support the Machine Guarding, Industrial Wastewater, and Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing Engineering Services in our Plainville, Connecticut Office. This position will support a diverse mix of projects and provide an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in several of our service areas and operating divisions.
The primary role of this position will be to support the execution of mechanical engineering projects throughout the entire project lifecycle, starting at the proposal phase, through design phase, installation/commissioning, and project closeout. The engineer will be tasked with developing mechanical designs for the following projects.
- Machine Guarding – Design of machine guarding equipment and controls to meet OSHA regulations, applicable codes, consensus standards, and client requirements;
- Industrial Process Systems –Design of mechanical systems to support industrial and manufacturing facilities including pumps, piping, control and sensing equipment;
- Building Design – HVAC and plumbing design for new construction, and existing building renovation projects;
- Industrial Wastewater Treatment Systems – Design of mechanical systems including pumps, piping, control, and sensing equipment.
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Prepare design drawings and specifications for mechanical engineering projects in a wide range of applications;
- Perform engineering calculations as the basis of the mechanical engineering design;
- Knowledge and application of machine guarding regulations in OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, and others;
- Knowledge and application of state building codes;
- Work within various industrial and manufacturing facilities during the design process;
- Serve as a field engineer to oversee and coordinate installation and commissioning activities.
Mechanical Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- 2-5 years experience in mechanical engineering design;
- Technical knowledge and previous experience in mechanical process design, and knowledge of machine guarding safety regulations and standards;
- Hands-on operation of machining/manufacturing equipment is a plus;
- Professional Engineering License or ability to gain licensure within 3 years is preferred;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding environment;
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written);
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office programs, AutoCAD, REVIT;
- Ability to travel to out-of-state projects.
The Mechanical Engineer Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance;
- Short-Term and Long-Terrn Disability Insurance;
- Life Insurance;
- 401k plus match;
- Employee Ownership (ESOP);
- Education Reimbursement;
- Gym on-site (Corporate office);
- Work-life Balance;
- And so much more!
The right candidate will be self-driven, self-motivated, and have great communication skills both written and verbal. Candidates must be eligible to work in the USA without Sponsorship.
Loureiro Engineering Associates, Inc. (Loureiro) is an employee owned (ESOP), full-service multi-disciplinary consulting firm with operations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, North Carolina, California, and the District of Columbia. Loureiro’s areas of expertise include the integration of the highest quality engineering, construction, environmental health & safety, energy, laboratory analytical, and waste management services.
EEO/AAP Statement Loureiro Engineering Associates Inc. subsidiaries and affiliates are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To learn more about Loureiro visit www.loureiro.com.