A luxury design studio with a focus on luxury hotels and multi-residential properties. The Design Architect is responsible for architectural design in conjunction with the Senior Design Architect, Project Interior Architect, Project Interior Designer(s) and Project Manager. The Design Architect will work on the interior architectural design for multi-residential and hotel projects, focusing on the Concept/Schematic, Development Phases, and works directly with project teams to provide direction and resources.
- Work directly with the Senior Designer to develop concepts and ideas into functional space plans, elevations, details and 3D models for continuing design development.
- Coordinates with the project team during all Phases of the project to clearly convey the design intent.
- Develop and implement design of all details for the project based on the team’s design intent.
- Assist in the preparation accurate task lists and schedules to supplement the Project Manager.
- Assist in the review and approval submittals and RFIs during the Construction Administration Phase.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 5 year Architecture program or related field of study, in the United States, or a Master’s degree from an accredited Architecture program in the United States.
- Minimum of 4 to 8 plus years of experience in the field of Interior architecture, with a focus on Hospitality and/or Multi-family interiors performed construction administration services for multi-residential and hospitality projects.
- Registered Architect preferred.
- Experience in hospitality and/or multi-family housing
- Space planning and understanding of design process
- Strong balance of technical knowledge and architectural /interior design skills, in all phases of architectural and interiors projects.
- Familiarity with building codes and regulations, including ADA, ANSI, Fair housing, and local amendments of IBC
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Proactive, with strong leadership skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Understands the components of construction drawings and specifications
- Strong proficiency with computer-assisted design software such as Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design; 3D software such as Sketchup and or Rhino.
- MUST be proficient in Revit
- Proficient with other data management software such as Word and Excel.
- LEED Accreditation preferred.