CTLGroup is seeking an experienced Civil/Structural engineer to join our Structural Engineering + Evaluation team in our recently opened New York office. The ideal candidate will have an interest in investigating and solving problems associated with existing structures and infrastructure, including evaluation of damage from natural and man-made disasters, investigation of structural failures and defects, and assessment and repair of structural deterioration.
- Failure investigation and analysis, structural and architectural assessments, repair and rehabilitation analysis, and construction evaluation
- Serve as a Project Manager and primary client contact for projects primarily related to evaluation and repair of building envelope systems
- Site surveys and scaffolding inspections
- Performing engineering analysis, including calculations and computational modeling
- Assist with development of repair drawings and specifications
- Preparation of investigation reports
- Explore and develop new markets and leverage business opportunities through industry involvement.
Education and Licensure
- Bachelor of Science degree in Structural or Civil engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer or Structural Engineering in the state of New York
- Preferred Education: Master’s degree
- 5+ years of experience with new or repair design of building envelope and cladding system projects
- A track record of business development
- Strong knowledge of roofing, window and exterior wall systems including design and installation requirements, industry standards and test methods
- Familiarity with building science principles related to air, moisture and thermal energy transport and performance
- Well-versed in first principles of structural engineering with ambitions for developing depth in the field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional attitude, exercise timely and sound judgement
- Ability to work independently
- An entrepreneurial mind set
- Up to 30% travel may be required.
- Position may require physical exertion, including lifting up to 50 pounds, working in confined spaces, or working at heights in excess of six feet
- Sitting and using a computer for prolonged periods of time
- Working in a laboratory environment or in the field under exposure to chemicals, noise, dust, fumes, and variations in temperature and humidity
CTLGroup provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.