CTLGroup is an internationally recognized, award winning engineering, architecture, and materials science consulting firm. We provide expert insights and scientific solutions for our clientele. Join us, do interesting work, and GROW your career and expertise!
Reporting to our Vice President of Structural Engineering, our next Concrete Engineer will have a consultative focus and entrepreneurial mindset, functioning as thought leader and subject matter expert in leading our group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate and implement creative, non-traditional engineering solutions that impact field of specialty;
- Provide technical consultation to help clients and CTLGroup staff solve problems;
- Develop others within the group through mentoring/coaching;
- Proactively participate in professional organizations and technical committees;
- Help to ensure group profitability by generating business to sustain self-productivity and the productivity of others within the group;
- Explore and develop new markets in area of expertise and leverage business opportunities through industry involvement;
- Building and sustaining effective relationships with current and potential customers through regular communication;
- Manage multiple complex projects within specified timeline and under budget if possible;
- Define the potential scope of complex projects through analysis and evaluation of alternate solutions to the customer’s problem;
- Write proposals, qualify project and customer, and attain approval to proceed;
- Schedule, coordinate and delegate project work. Ensure that needed materials and/or outside service vendors are available. Ensure that the project is conducted timely and that quality standards are met or exceeded to the customer’s satisfaction. Foresee and respond timely when confronted with any problems. Facilitate change in the customer’s needs/project objectives;
- Select and train project team members and review work, giving feedback as appropriate;
- Execute work which may include one or more of the following (field or lab): evaluation, surveying, investigations, calculations, analytical, research, design, drawings, contractor supervision and construction administration, engineering test methods and procedures, supervision of testing, forensic and litigation activities;
- Analyze and interpret project results and prepare reports;
- Responsible for budget and financial administration;
- Make specific changes in work systems or methods to improve quality and service;
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment;
- Proactively identify areas of learning and participate in professional development activities in order to maintain and enhance work knowledge and skills;
- Demonstrate awareness of employee safety by performing duties in accordance to company and OSHA guidelines;
- Maintains high ethical standards by using sound judgment that benefits both CTLGroup and its customers.
Required Education and Experience:
- Completion of a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Materials Science and Engineering, with an emphasis on concrete, cement, or ceramics
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Matlab, or other engineering and scientific software
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Completion of a Doctoral Degree in Civil Engineering or Materials Science and Engineering, with a strong emphasis on and advanced knowledge of concrete, cement, and cementitious materials, and experimental development or laboratory testing
- Experience in construction inspection, materials testing, laboratory work, or related field
- Familiarity with standards and regulations (ASTM, ACI, AISC, etc.)
Physical and Travel Demands:
- Office work may include prolonged exposure to computers and prolonged sitting;
- Position requires some work to be completed outdoors with potential exposure to inclement weather conditions. Some work may be performed in confined spaces and at heights in excess of six feet. Some work is performed in a laboratory environment or in the field where the following conditions may apply: exposure to chemicals, noise, dust, variations in temperature and humidity, fumes and various types of equipment listed above;
- May require the use of suspended scaffolding;
- Must have the ability to climb;
- Position requires medical clearance for the use of respirators;
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) whenever necessary;
- Office work may include prolonged exposure to computers and prolonged sitting. Position requires some work to be completed outdoors with potential exposure to inclement weather;
- May require working additional hours;
- Up to 25% travel may be required for this position.
*This job description describes the general nature of the position. The above declarations are not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, skills and abilities required to do the job. Additional responsibilities and elements of the description may be added, changed or deleted by management at any time in writing or verbally.
CTLGroup provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.