Jan 19, 2022
$90,000 - $140,000 yearly
Patterson Engineering, Inc.
San Diego, CA, USA
Project Manager - Structural Engineering
- Manage, design, develop structural engineering plans, calculations, and details from conception to project completion
- Lead, supervise and mentor a design team; delegate job responsibilities, manage project flow, review calculations and drawings, and approve plans
- Present structural engineering plans in close partnership with other industry disciplines and mediate structural solutions in relation to project changes and/or demands
- BS in Structural or Civil Engineering, a Master’s Degree is preferred
- California SE license is preferred, California PE license required
- 7+ years of experience in structural engineering
- Knowledgeable in local building codes and permits is preferred
- Mastery of detailed engineering design for gravity and lateral systems related to structures of all material types
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD, RISA, and Enercalc
- The desire to make a contribution in the workplace and the ability to effectively collaborate in a small, team-based organization
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, excellent verbal, written and decision making acumen
- Access to a vehicle for travel to local job sites and building departments
- Ability to effectively manage a team of other engineers and drafters
We offer a collaborative, team-based workplace, the chance to have an impact and career growth. If this sounds like an environment that would excite you, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate confidential consideration.
We will consider candidates that require VISA transfer/sponsorship for this position.
This job is posted by a staffing firm/recruiter/third party agency.