Senior Civil Engineer for our Anaheim, California office.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Perform various engineering assignments of limited scope that require the application of standard techniques and procedures.
- Ability to independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques and criteria using sound judgment
- Coordination with other design disciplines and consultants
- Application of Caltrans design guidelines.
- Development of final design documents in CADD software including MicroStation.
- Familiarity with civil design software including InRoads and Civil 3D.
- Prepare design calculations, authors draft project documents, prepare draft cost estimates
- Edit technical specifications
- Perform research and field investigations
- Collect data and gather information or documents
- May supervise, assign tasks to and coordinate work with entry-level engineers, technicians, administrative staff, draftspersons, and other(s) who assist in specific assignments
- May assist in determining schedule and budget requirements
- Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications. Assignments have clear and specific objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables.
- Performance at this level requires developmental experience in a professional position or equivalent graduate-level education. Typical assignments include Design development, preparation of specifications, report preparations, and other activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the specific narrow area of assignments.
- May direct segments of a major project, and participates in the application of design concepts and techniques, more client contact, supervision of others. Monitor project progress for technical accuracy and adherence to schedule and budget. Analyze complex problems requiring the development of new or improved techniques or procedures. May act as a representative at project meetings and conferences. Plan, organize and supervise technical staff and activities for a project of significant size and complexity.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals, and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited program
- 5-7 years of experience in transportation engineering, including highway projects and bike/pedestrian projects. (Public or private sector)
- California PE required
- Familiarity with civil design software including MicroStation, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and InRoads
- An excellent communicator; good interpersonal, writing and verbal skills
- An active team player
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work in this country immediately is required