HARKA is a small architecture firm that believes design has the power to UPLIFT both people and place. Through our strong sustainable mission, we hope to INSPIRE a better world. Our practice implements these ideals on both residential and commercial projects. We are passionate about learning and educating others about low-carbon design, community-building, and non-toxic materials. We are in search of a Project Architect or Job Captain that is excited about making sustainability the primary goal of every project. We hope your past experience included taking projects through all phases of design, production, and construction. Our work environment is casual with the opportunity for a hybrid schedule. We are looking for a person who shares these values and wants to make a positive difference in the world.
- Bachelors or Masters of Architecture degree
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in an architecture office
- Proficient in Revit
- Ability to develop attractive, creative solutions
- Experience leading projects and working directly with clients
- Can work independently, but not afraid to ask questions
- A technical background in constructability, systems, and codes
- Project management experience with the ability to juggle multiple small projects
- Must be outgoing and a good communicator
- Strong graphic presentation experience + abilities
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Oregon and/or Washington, 8 years working in an architecture office
- Experience managing architectural support staff
- Certified Passive House Consultant
- Living Future Accreditation
- Hands-on construction experience
- Proficiency in graphic software such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketchup, etc.
- A passion for environmental sustainability
- Community service-oriented
You are encouraged to apply if:
- You meet the required qualifications and some or all of the preferred qualifications
- The idea of working in a small, value-driven firm excites you
- You love working in a collaborative workplace and are interested in helping to create an equitable and nurturing work environment
- You care about creating community and affecting climate change
- You are an activist and you want to make the world a better place
Schedule is very flexible. Salary is negotiable and based on experience.
Please email cover letter, resume, and graphic work samples to office@HarkaHQ.com . We can be found at www.HarkaHQ.com.