About The Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for plumbing & fire protection design projects and a key part of design teams within our firm. This role will be integral in establishing and building our Plumbing & Fire Protection Engineering group on the West Coast.
What You Will Do
- Preparing documents and reports from concept design through advanced technical design documentation and construction documents, as well as specifications, for plumbing/fire protection systems and equipment.
- Designing plumbing and fire protection systems using Revit.
- Assisting in the review and markup of shop drawing submittals.
- Responsibility for field observations of projects under construction.
- Recommending ways to improve process, quality and coordination efforts.
About Your Qualifications
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor in Architectural Engineering (Mechanical Systems Focus).
- Minimum 10 years of experience with the design of plumbing, laboratory/medical gas, kitchens, fire protection, and other specialty systems required. PE and LEED preferred.
- Proficiency with BIM applications and Revit experience desired.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to effectively handle multiple projects.
- The successful candidate must have experience presenting solutions to project teams and clients.