Dec 31, 2021
San Jose, CA, USA
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- Complete project planning.
- Ability to independently complete conceptual design through construction drawing development for large complex project or multiple projects simultaneously.
- Create conceptual designs certified to Building Codes, Energy Codes, and LEED standards.
- Responsible for calculations, design and layout of equipment and piping systems on assigned projects.
- Appropriate engagement of engineering applications and/or managers in project decisions.
- Extensive experience in various plumbing and process piping systems including greywater systems, rainwater recovery, medical gases, laboratory gases, and process piping systems.
- Proactively communicate and coordinate project designs with Project Management, Construction and Service departments, Controls, and other trade partners.
- Field engineering: assist with project execution, trade coordination, scheduling, document management and problem solving/troubleshooting, as required.
- Responsible for the quality of plumbing and process piping design drawings and models.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with colleagues and project team members.
- Manage time to meet project schedules and task deadlines.
- Oversee other design team members to complete project assignments when requested by Manager.
- Reports directly to Engineering Manager or Supervisor as opposed to an intermediate Team Lead.
- Strong understanding of ACCO engineering standards and project execution processes.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- BS in Engineering or Construction Management.
- Professional Engineer license highly desirable, but not required.
- Minimum 8 years experience with a Design/Build Mechanical Contractor or plumbing consultant.
- Excellent understanding of engineering and plumbing design fundamentals.
- Thorough understanding of plumbing and/or process piping systems and applications.
- Excellent familiarity with Building Codes and industry standards.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit.
We will consider candidates that require VISA transfer/sponsorship for this position.