This position will provide the opportunity to work on a variety of design projects. The projects can be anything from a state or local park to a higher education facility or even a military facility anywhere around the world.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Producing Construction Documents including drawings and specifications. Computer modeling.
· Conducting field investigations and other tasks. Taking field measurements and notes to document existing facilities.
· Determining the client’s need and producing solutions which are within their scope and budget.
· Performing construction phase services such as submittal review and approval, responding to contractor requests for information (RFIs), conduct site investigation visits, etc.
· Performing site assessments and developing detailed reports with recommendations and cost estimates.
· Preparing accurate, well-organized, and detailed CAD drawings from field measurements and notes.
· Meeting project budgets, schedules, and performance criteria in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
Actively participating in the development, implementation and enforcement of standards and criteria.
· Possessing an outgoing and positive attitude and take personal pride in producing high quality and on-time deliverables for our clients.
· Traveling, including some overseas to friendly countries, is required. A current passport or the ability to obtain a passport is required.
· Most of the work requiring overseas travel will be for the U.S. Department of Defense on U.S. installations; therefore, U.S. citizenship is required.
· Degree in Structural Engineering from a ABET-accredited university.
· Professional Engineer, or near licensure, with 5-10 years of experience.
· Must be proficient in AutoCad; Revit experience is a plus.
· Experience in RISA 3D is also a plus.
· Typical project experience should include designing new and renovated government and commercial facilities.
· Experience in designing structural systems in multiple materials (concrete, steel, masonry, wood, etc.) a plus.
· Strong problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills and personal computer skills.
· An interest and ability to grow professionally with our business.