This is a field structural engineering position that oversees construction of several Caltrans bridges and retaining walls; overseeing, training and mentoring a team of inspectors; and reviewing materials and materials laboratory test results. Ensuring documentation and evidence of how the products are built. Overall responsibility is to ensure the structural systems are built conforming to the approved design and specifications. Strong communication, time management and computer skills are essential.
· Responsible for confirming that the proper tests and inspections have been performed, collecting and reviewing inspection and testing forms required for the sign-off and validating that the test and inspection data meets the requirements of the plans and specifications.
· Attended meetings with the Construction Team, Quality Organization, designer and Owner. Work with this Team to quickly resolve field issues.
· Work with Construction and Designers to adequately resolve RFIs and follow up with owner’s representative and Caltrans oversight to ensure RFIs are closed in a timely manner. Ensure that Document Control receives proper documentation and the Construction follows approved Resolutions.
· Review Construction Document Submittals such as shoring, excavations, falsework and concrete mix designs for completeness and make sure QC has been conducted. Assist QC to resolve Owners’ comments.
· Enforcing the Quality Program requirements by issuing NCRs (Non-Conformance reports) for deficient field activities work with QC to resolve.
· Work closely with Materials Control Coordinator for materials received. Assist with Source Inspection material control process guidelines for the subcontractors.
· Assist in developing Quality Checklists and training Inspectors.
· Oversee inspection and testing staff, coordinate with inspectors and provide training for inspectors and testers.