We are looking for an experienced Project Engineer/Senior Project Engineer with water/wastewater background to join our Civiltec team.
Essential Job Duties
The following duties are typical of the position, but are not all encompassing. Each person is expected to help out in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
- Responsible for applying intensive and diversified knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices in broad areas. Uses advanced techniques, theory precepts and practices in the civil engineering field and related sciences and disciplines. A lead position, this level includes technical direction over a group of civil engineering designers and/or functions as a technical specialist, formulating and developing advanced civil engineering concepts.
- Coordinates technical and administrative activities with those of other disciplines and other departments in the company participating in a project.
- As a Project Engineer, serves as a technical specialist, staff adviser and consultant to the civil engineering specialty, for a given water/wastewater, land/site development, public works, and/or transportation-related project.
- Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved civil engineering techniques or procedures to create new or refined improvements, equipment, materials, processes or methods.
- Markets the firm’s capabilities within the civil engineering specialty to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients. Prepares proposals for potential projects within the guidelines of the company authority matrix
- Participates in the selection of design teams and sub-consultants and in the negotiations of fees and subcontractors.
- Conducts construct ability reviews or assists in the design/planning/review of other civil engineering projects not assigned to the incumbent.
- May supervise civil engineering and support personnel: evaluates performance; assigns and schedules work; establishes project priorities and standards; makes recommendations on hiring, firing and promotions; provides technical support of project work
- May assist the Department/Division Manager in the preparation of the department/division budget and policy implementation
- Performs all other assigned related duties
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) and minimum 5 years of experience.
- Extensive experience in Water & Wastewater treatment/design/master planning, highly preferred
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive Compensation and Benefits package includes:
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Paid Holiday
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Educational Assistance Program
- Tenure Recognition
- Relocation Assistance