Licensed Professional Civil / Structural Engineer (highway, transportation and infrastructure), to be responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines that projects involve. He or she will need to complete engineering projects by planning, organizing and controlling project elements in the Houston office and be competent in handling simultaneously occurring tasks and smaller/or large projects.
· Design of pre-stressed concrete, reinforced concrete, and structural steel using AASHTO LRFD
· Perform structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards (IBC, ACI, AISC, etc.) for civil structures
· Handle routine contract administration
· Coordinate work with other disciplines such as roadway, hydraulics, land development, etc.
· Prepare detailed roadway and drainage engineering design using TxDOT and/or AASHTO standards, including horizontal and vertical geometry, roadway section, intersection layouts, and sight distance determination, interchange layouts, signing and pavement marking plans, traffic control plans, roadway drainage, temporary erosion control, right-of-way plans, water, and wastewater.
· Mentor junior engineers and provide direction, support, and overt to CADD designers, and technical staff.
· Provide recommendation to Project Manager on engineering related matters; create engineering reports and technical memos; and coordinate with sub-consultants.
· Design construction projects by studying project concepts, architectural drawings, and models.
· Prepares engineering design by collecting and studying reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs, and tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data.
· Determines project costs by calculating labor, material, and related costs.
· Prepares feasibility study by analyzing engineering design; conducting environmental impact studies; assembling data.
· Prepares engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
· Confirms adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress; inspecting construction sites; verifying calculations and placements.
· Fulfills project requirements by training and guiding operators.
· Maintains operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures.
· Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
· Maintains project database by writing computer programs; entering data; completing backups.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Issue violation notices and stop-work orders until the building is compliant
· Keep daily logs, including photographs taken during the inspection.
· Provide written feedback related to the findings
· Have 5-10 years’ experience in the geometric design of the roadway and preparation of plans and specifications.
· Bachelor or Master’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
· Proven Registered P.E. License
· TxDot Certification
· Experience with knowledge of TxDOT policies and procedures
· Water and Wastewater experience
· Have a positive relationship with potential clients such as TxDOT, cities, counties, and municipalities throughout Texas
· Experience of progressive engineering management experience within the field of highway design and transportation engineering
· Ability to handle multiple assignments and work alone or within a team environment.
· Have previous experience working with the City of Houston, Harris County, Harris County Flood District, etc., or with similar entities
· Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and highway design programs software such as AutoCAD, Micro Station, GEOPAK Road, GEOPAK Drainage, etc.,
· Competent in conflict and crisis management
· Leadership skills
· Excellent verbal or written communication skills
· Excellent in time and projects management skills