Dec 31, 2021
$69,000 - $122,000 yearly
Houston, TX, USA
Full time Sr. Civil Engineer that can sit out of any of firm's Texas offices.
You, as a Civil Engineer, will have a role in driving this growth. You will participate in civil/highway projects, performing tasks in a variety of areas. The position will focus on transportation and roadway design; however, projects will include a combination of disciplines that you will coordinate to assure successful project delivery to clients in a project management setting. You will develop your engineering expertise as well as have opportunities to grow your business/client engagement skills to enhance your career and be an integral part of the team. You will have advancement opportunities as you grow these essential skill sets, locally and nationally.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Perform complex design tasks and drawings using computer-aided design (CADD) related to the development of transportation projects in Microstation, Geopak and Openroads.
- Lead and coordinates design teams
- Support preparation of final design plans, cost estimates and special provisions
- Develop memorandums and other written technical documents
- Manage design tasks and identify changes and risks
- Determine client requirements and contributes to the development of scopes, schedules, and budgets.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering related field and at least 5+ years of professional experience post graduation. (or equivalent working knowledge/experience)
- Professional Engineer (PE) License for the state of Texas
- Good technical writing, analytical and communication skills
- Experience leading design tasks
- Proficiency in Microstation/Openroads
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to firm's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by firm's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Proficiency in Openroads
- Experience working with TXDOT and other local agencies
We will consider candidates that require VISA transfer/sponsorship for this position.